Friday, February 13, 2009

Rainbow eats

Hmmm I think if I made up my own little 'rainbow food competition' I would have to give each of these a prize (growing in my family of six, we liked to make things EVEN).
Naughtiest, but most appealing... Rainbow chocolate bark
(Melt the chocolate, pour it onto a baking tray, sprinkle (nay, cover) with crushed lollies - I used clinkers and smarties - then set in fridge).

Yummiest, and best for the big kids... Vegetable cob

(Cut the top from a cob loaf and hollow it out, spread with pesto, add layers of oven roasted and peeled capsicum, grilled pumpkin, zucchini, red onion and eggplant and sliced bocconcini. Put the lid on. Wrap in plastic. Chill overnight).

Most fun to make and eat... Rainbow jelly cups

(Make some jelly, let it cool a little, and pour a few spoonfuls into each cup. Refrigerate until set. Repeat for the next colour etc.)

Which would you vote for?

2 comments:

  1. Did i tell you i made the cob for the picnic as well? It was a hit, though hard to cut as i didn't have a bread knife....jelly cups have my vote

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for the chocolate coloured slice thingy - plus I know it was a huge hit with the kids! Now, if only there was a way to stop it from melting on hot days!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...