Monday, January 6, 2014

Taking Pride in my Parenting Personality

I am not the fitness mum.
Or the frugal mum.
I am not the social mum.
Or the soccer mum,
or the take lovely photos of my kids mum,
or the keeping up with the trends mum.
I am not the green smoothie with chia mum and
I am far, far from being the pristine mum.

Though sometimes I try.
I don't think that it is a bad thing, to expand your horizon. To grow and learn and try out new things. But for me, practices often develop into expectations (created purely for myself, by myself). And herein lies the problem of guilt, and the subverting of my own parenting styles and ways.

As I moved from my got-to-be-like-everyone-else teen years, to my discover-who-you-are twenties, and now to my thirties, I sensed a grounding of my personality. I feel more comfortable knowing and being who I am (though still and always growing), instead of trying to be another/others/everyone else.

As far as parenting personality goes though, I am still child-like. I am still working to feel secure in my style. This is my second resolution for the year.
I am a creative mum.
I am a compassionate mum.
I am a Christ-led mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...