Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Mosaic Cake

My Sister-In-Law allowed me to make a cake for my niece's birthday. She gave me free reign, as long as it was bright and colourful. Wow...the possibilities! I chose to make a mosaic cake in some of Rayya's fave colours, purple and green. It is simple in theory, but was a bit harder in practice...purple lollies come in about a thousand different shades! Nevertheless, it was great fun arranging all those treats on top.

I ended up buying so many lollies that I decided to also make some yellow cupcakes...

And some pink ones too...


And so here is the final cake (which, by the way, was very tasty!).

4 comments:

  1. Katherine! that is the most colourful/beautiful cake I have ever seen!! Yummo! It would have been sad to cut into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah what's going on, I totally commented on this, apparently not though. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it....ESPECIALLY the yellow ones....totally awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta try these one day, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katherine! I love this idea to use lollies to make the mosaic. Where did you go to buy them?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...