Monday, March 15, 2010

Ruffles

Elara saying "I just don't like denim skirts anymore", was quickly followed by India saying "I just don't like denim skirts anymore". And so it continued for a couple of months, until our friend Lauren P came to visit, wearing a denim skirt with a ruffle. Hooray! A solution deemed acceptable by my very 'girlie' girls. Elara got a matching blue spotty ruffle so she can still wear it with most shirts, and India got a red and pink floral to wear with...red and pink.

I also made this flower brooch to brighten up all the dull and wintery colored clothes that I keep pulling out of my wardrobe. I'd like to make a few more, with a bit of extra ruffle next time :)

And for more girlieness, check out Ruffles and Stuff.

3 comments:

  1. I think I would like one of those flowers! Hint Hint! Make it as ruffly as possible! Wonder what I could make to spruce up old faithfuls! Are iron on patches still cool on old jeans? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Katherine!! I think Lani has a denim skirt (that doesn't get much wear and might be just a tad too short) in her cupboard that could do with some ruffle upcycling... hmmm... and that flower brooch is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirts look so cute Katherine! Now when I wear mine Elara and I will be matching which means we will be best friends!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...