Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Embrace cake


Who am I kidding?
I don’t need any extra motivation to do that! But it is nice to affirm that something you have been doing is something you still want to be doing. I love baking, particularly so that others can enjoy my food. Sometimes, though, the time I spend making a cake is equal to the sum of time I spend making up healthy family dinners for that entire week! Now I can’t expect too much of myself here, as there are some practical, unavoidable hurdles. I make dinner around 5pm, which is ‘happy hour’ here. Tired, hungry, longing for Mummy time hour. Also, my children don’t like to try new foods often, and the foods that they do enjoy are pretty boring to me.
With this in mind, my resolution is to have more than a handful of nights where we have special meals (that the kids will eat). It will take some planning on my part. Some family friendly cookbooks (I can’t go past 'Deceptively Delicious' and 'Double Delicious'). Some fresh produce (I order mine from here). Some nice table settings and a helper to create them (this is Elara’s job…she loves it). Some table talk. And maybe just a few less hours thinking about cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...