Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Embrace correction

Usually I'm a bit light on when it comes to disciplining the girls.
I'm tired. I'm worn down. I'm feeding the baby. I'll just let it slide this once.
Occasionally I'm too harsh.
I'm tired. I'm worn down. I'M FEEDING THE BABY AND I'VE ASKED YOU TEN TIMES.

It's hard to do it well. It's hard to be balanced. It's hard to be proactive (but it helps).
So, this year I have chosen one thing (for each girl) to focus on that will deepen their character and help to build them into polite, compassionate, courageous young women.

Elara is very helpful, thoughtful and soft-hearted. Except when she is in a grumpy mood.
With her I'll work on kindness, in word and deed.

India is giving and fair, and speaks politely. But she totally destroys the place.
With her I'll work on looking after possessions, and keeping them tidy.

I have sweet kids.
I hope I can discipline them well this year.
For them.

1 comment:

  1. In looking back, how did the girls go?

    Putting this much 'outside the box' thought and effort into teaching the kids to build on their strengths rather than always punishing their naughtiness is amazing I want to tell you. Just amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...